Choosing the best website hosting service for your website is an essential step toward project success. Your host can affect your site’s performance, speed, security, and consistency. Picking a web hosting service is like physically setting up shop in the real world. Location matters. Choosing the right web hosting provider that fits your needs means deciding whether you want your site to be built on a self-hosted or a hosted platform.
Bluehost is one of WordPress’s official recommendations and the go-to choice for over two million bloggers and small businesses. It has gained credibility and a good reputation for its low prices, extensive documentation and support, and high performance and reliability.
What is a Web Host?
In the broadest sense, hosting is a service that provides an individual or organization with storage and computing resources in order to accommodate and maintain one or more of their related websites and services. When you purchase a hosted platform, you get an all-in-one packaged service. Unlike self-hosting platforms, they typically provide simple closed-source software for building your webpage and computer storage space for that site.
The hosting company handles all your software upgrades. This makes hosted platforms a low-maintenance option. However, the most significant disadvantage of hosted platforms is the apparent limitations in customization options and functionality. They place restrictions on their platforms to make their systems simple and inexpensive to use.
BlueHost is a company that offers web hosting services.
It is owned by Endurance International Group, which acquired it in 2010. It is one of the world’s top 100 largest web-hosting providers, with a market share of 20.6% and over 2 million domain names. It offers services such as shared hosting, WordPress hosting, VPS hosting, dedicated hosting, WooCommerce hosting, and professional marketing services.
BlueHost was first created in 1996 by Mark Heaton and later founded in 2003. He also started two other web hosts, 50megs.com and 0catch.com, before settling on BlueHost. It is headquartered in Orem, Utah and its current CEO is Suhaib Zaheer. BlueHost was created to provide a better hosting company.
Today, BlueHost is one of the fastest website hosting platforms, with a global average response time of 153 ms.
BlueHost Products & Features
BlueHost offers a wide variety of products and features for their users. Hosting plans and product features offered by BlueHost include:
- Shared hosting: is an excellent choice for launching a new website that has a low traffic volume. It uses a shared hosting environment where your website shares server resources with other websites, but you each have your own hosting space. It is a cheaper option for those who are not planning to manage particularly large projects.
- Cloud hosting: is a more dependable upgrade to shared hosting. It facilitates the use of multiple cloud servers that allow your web page to switch to a different server automatically in the event of a hardware malfunction or high traffic.
- WordPress hosting: it offers WordPress plans that are specifically tailored for WordPress-powered websites. It is specifically made to ensure your WordPress is optimised and protected from common security threats such as a breach.
- WooCommerce hosting: WooCommerce is an e-commerce plugin and is considered the most popular choice for WordPress. It enables its users to quickly build a e-commerce website using WordPress. WooCommerce hosting includes all of the necessary features to get your online business up and running.
- Dedicated hosting server: if you use a dedicated hosting server for your website, you will have complete access to all of the server’s resources. This is especially useful to those people working with websites that generate a tone of traffic. The disadvantage is that you will be responsible for managing the server on your own.
- VPS (Virtual Private Server) hosting: VPS hosting is a hybrid of two plans: shared hosting and dedicated hosting. As a step up from shared WordPress hosting, VPS hosting gives you virtually dedicated resources in a shared environment. Its users can utilize resources from the same server with the assurance of a virtual wall that protects their projects from others on the network.
- Domain names: Although BlueHost is not the cheapest domain registrar, you can purchase domain names directly from them. They begin at $18.99 per year, and the rate is annually renewable, with an additional $15 per year for domain privacy.
BlueHost’s Pricing Plans
BlueHost has six types of hosting each with a different pricing plan. However, its subscription plans seem to be a little expensive. The question we should be asking ourselves is, are they really worth it? The following are price reviews for 2022:
- Shared hosting – costs $ 2.95 per month and renews at $ 8.99 per month
- Shared WordPress hosting – costs $ 2.95 per month and renews at $ 8.99 per month
- Managed WordPress hosting – costs $ 9.95 per month and renews at $ 29.99 per month
- WooCommerce hosting – costs $ 15.95 per month and renews at $ 24.95 per month
- VPS hosting – costs $ 18.99 per month and renews at $ 29.99 per month
- Dedicated hosting – costs $ 79.99 per month and renews at $ 119.99 per month
Sign Up To Bluehost and Get 15% Off!
They also have three bundle options:
- Basic – Perfect for beginners. It offers a single website with 50 GB of website space. The bundle has standard features and retails at $ 2.99 per month before renewing at a regular rate of $ 9.99 per month.
- Plus – It’s recommended for growing websites. The bundle offers unlimited websites with unmetered website space and has standard and essential features incorporated into it. It retails at $ 7.45 per month before renewing at a regular rate of $ 13.99 per month.
- Choice Plus – It’s recommended for online stores. It offers all the features found in Plus with the inclusion of one domain privacy and an automatic backup feature. It retails at $ 7.45 per month before renewing at the regular rate of $ 18.99 per month.
All of the bundle options offer a free domain name for one year. BlueHost also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee which does not extend to domain names.
BlueHost offers promotional prices to all its new customers that guarantee savings of up to 64 % per month. This year, BlueHost has an executive sale that is guaranteed to save you up to 75 % on selected deals for a 12-month subscription. They include the following.
- Basic plan shared hosting
- Choice Plus plan shared hosting
- BlueHost’s ecommerce hosting
- Jetpack backups
- Yoast premium plugin
If you are stuck on what pricing plan to choose from all the available options, here is a breakdown for you:
- The most affordable plans are BlueHost’s shared hosting plans ($ 2.95 to $ 13,95 per month)
- The most expensive plans are BlueHost’s dedicated hosting plans ($ 79.99 to $ 119.99 per month)
- The best value plans are BlueHost’s WordPress-specific plans ($ 2.95 to $ 49.95 per month)
With BlueHost, the longer your commitment term, the cheaper the pricing plan gets. The prices listed in this article are for a 36-month contract and have been scaled down to monthly fees. The discounted prices are only applicable during the discount period. Once that term is completed, you will pay the regular price unless you cancel your renewal.
When you compare BlueHost with most of its competitors, it offers a lot of free features and discounts for both its current and new users. Its basic plan alone has more free features than any other web hosting platform on the market. This means that it does offer a great value return for your money. For you to experience this excellent value for your money, you need to pick the right plan for you. BlueHost has a free consultation service that will help you decide the best plan for you.
How to Sign In to BlueHost
To create a new website, you first have to sign in with a host providing service such as BlueHost. This beginner-friendly software made this process easy, from the sign up to installing WordPress on BlueHost.
STEP 1: Select a Hosting Plan
BlueHost offers a variety of plans and pricing options to choose from. Select the bundle that best fits your needs with a 30-day guarantee on your money.
STEP 2: Create Your Domain Name
All the BlueHost Plans offer a free domain name for the first year of subscription. Click on ‘Create a New Domain’ to choose your free domain name. Type the domain name on the domain search box to receive a list of domain extensions or similar available domain names.
If you already have a domain name registered by a third party, you do not need to create a new one with BlueHost. BlueHost will walk you through the process of incorporating your domain name into its name servers.
STEP 3: Enter Your Account Details
The next step is to fill in your personal details to complete the account creation process. The process has been made easier by allowing you to sign in with google instead of spending time filling in those details.
STEP 4: Confirm Your Hosting Plan Details
BlueHost will then display the details of your hosting plan. Ensure you carefully countercheck the details because BlueHost adds several premium extras by default. If you are sure you need the extra services listed, then proceed. Otherwise, deselect those options if they are non-essential. Besides, you can always add them later. BlueHost offers a more significant discount on the pricing plan when you commit several years in advance. However, the minimum requirement is 12 months.
STEP 5: Fill In Your Payment Details
This is the last step in your sign-up process. BlueHost offers a variety of payment options, including credit cards. Fill in your payment details to complete the order. You will receive payment confirmation via your email detailing your new account details, password, and logins.
How To Install WordPress On BlueHost
Bluehost has completely redesigned its web hosting service to be more WordPress-friendly. Previously, users who wanted to add WordPress to their BlueHost accounts had to create their blogs manually. Bluehost now installs and configures WordPress for you in minutes. To get started:
- Log in to your BlueHost account
- Click the’ Create Sites’ button on the ‘My Sites’ tab. It should be in the top right corner.
- Enter your website details, including site name and site tagline. You can always change these names later.
- On the drop-down arrow, click the domain name you chose when creating your BlueHost account.
- Click ‘Next,’ and BlueHost will install and create your new WordPress website.
If for some reason, you are unable to install WordPress using this procedure, you can install it manually via the ‘Marketplace’ tab.
The Pros and Cons of BlueHost
BlueHost is a great website hosting service. However, it is not perfect.
Benefits of Using BlueHost
- User-friendly – When it comes to hosting companies, we recommend Bluehost for new bloggers. Bluehost has been a popular choice for those just getting started and need a provider that will deliver all of the necessary features for creating a website or a blog. It also includes everything you need to get started with WordPress, like a free domain, automatic installation, and detailed steps on instructions.
- Money value – BlueHost is a cheap platform in the long run. It also offers numerous discount options and accessible features for all its users.
- Money-back guarantee – BlueHost offers its services for the first 30 days without risks. If you are unhappy with their services within the first 30 days of signing up, feel free to get yourself a full refund, no questions asked.
- Reliability – BlueHost is a pretty reliable platform with a 99.99 % uptime, so your website never has to go down. This also helps them to power many websites with minimum downtime.
- Anti-spam services– Every account on BlueHost is accompanied by an anti-spam feature that keeps your site safe and easy to manage.
BlueHost is a popular site with over two million subscribers. They are doing something right to have that much following.
Downsides of using BlueHost
- Renewal price– While the discounts are enticing, BlueHost has a higher-than-average renewal price than most hosting companies.
- It does not offer an automatic daily backup feature for all its users
- The money-back-guarantee does not extend to the domain name
BlueHost is an excellent option for developers and bloggers just starting out to the seasoned pros and everyone in between. Your experience with BlueHost is highly dependent on the type of pricing option that you pick. Contact them today and be on your way to managing your website empire.